Thursday, June 9, 2011

A girl and her grill... a love story.

We recently purchased a grill. A real, official, grown up, GAS GRILL!!!  Sadly, I think I was more excited about the grill than Mike was, but he was gracious enough to set me free at Lowe's in search of 'the one.'  With Mike's truck keys in hand and a taste for a grilled burger in mind, I was on a mission.

After a 30 minute Q & A session with Jim from Lowes, I was loaded up and on my way home with this new baby:


Ain't she a bute?  There are so many things to consider when making a purchase such as this.  I think gas is a given, or is it?  And- do you need the side burner, or does it take up space and get used rarely?  What's the difference between infared heatingand just regular gas burners?  Does it matter?
I was blown away by all of the options available for a novice griller. I mean, seriously- Lowe's even sells BBQ sauce and cook books in the grill section. I'm sorry, but I'll save my edible items for a store that remotely resembles a grocery. But, I did fall victim to the allure of the scrubby bruch/scratch pad thing and the matching set of tongs, prongs, and spatula. Mike made me return them for 'smaller' ones because we don't have Go-Go-Gadget arms, apparently.

Soooooo... with that said. I'm working on capturing some of my grilling masterpieces on digital film to share with you. Stay tuned for that.  I only wish I could share the wonderful smells of cooking hunks of meat and veg with you through this blog.  If any of you have a spare white grilling chef hat (You know, Like at Long Horn and Texas Road House) feel free to mail it to me at the beach  :)

Yours in grill marks,

Whitbo

1 comment:

  1. okay, so you know that Mr. B is the grill serg. let me just tell you what the dearly beloved did the other night... we now have our Tec grill attached to natural gas line. Mr. B cooked steaks, ate them..... and left the grill on ALL night. No explosions. You know he got an ear full!

    Veggies on the grill are the yummiest!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Got something to say? Come on, you know you want to. Leave a comment. I love to read them.