Wednesday, October 26, 2011

TJ's never disappoints

By now you know how much I love Trader Joe's, right?  Well, as if I couldn't love them anymore, I discovered this, last night:

I needed a new toothbrush anyway (especially since I missed my dentist appt. on Monday) and why not buy a toothbrush that is made from recycled yogurt cups, right?  Seriously, you have to check out their site to see all of the different types of products this company makes from recycled plastics.  What I especially love about the toothbrush is that it comes in a mail back packet (above) with a pre-addressed/stamped label on the back that you can send your toothbrush back in.  It will be re-recycled.  Awesome!  The style is simple- no fancy gum massager things or tongue scraper gadgets, but if you brush and floss properly you shouldn't need that stuff anyway.  I purchased two gave it a go this morning. Works great!  And the angle is perfect for  brushing.

Check this out from their website about their process and how much it conserves:

How much of a difference? Preserve plastic requires:

  • At least 54% less water than virgin polypropylene
  • At least 64% less greenhouse gases (in CO2 equivalents) than virgin polypropylene
  • At least 75% less oil than virgin polypropylene
  • At least 48% less coal than virgin polypropylene
  • At least 77% less natural gas than virgin polypropylene
  • At least 46% less electricity than virgin polypropylene
Isn't this awesome?!?!  And, they sell many of their products from personal care to kitchen ware at TARGET!!!  Target and Trader Joe's are in a tie for my heart. I love them both. 

Back to another day of work and craziness. I like being busy, but this is getting a little wild. I'm hoping for a break in the madness soon. 

Happy hump day, everyone!

-whitney


1 comment:

Hey! Got something to say? Come on, you know you want to. Leave a comment. I love to read them.