Friday, October 7, 2011

Let the Fall Festivities Begin

I'm so excited to be heading to Vermont this weekend with our friends. At 4:30pm this afternoon we will take to the highways and make the 2.5 hour trek to the mountains, cooler weather, and crispy leaves.  This weekend is also Cider Days in the little town of Belmont which means fresh pressed cider, town folks selling their wares (which I will buy!) and the Harpoon Oktoberfest at the Harpoon Brewery.

I know, you're thinking "But, Whitney, beer isn't paleo" and I'm saying "I know, and for tomorrow I don't care"  I'm going to maintain my paleo food plan but I am going to treat myself to some tasty beer and keg bowling and fun for one day.

 Sometimes it's nice to get out, breathe in a little fresh air, and detach from all of the stimulus of real life.  We'll be near Okemo mountain in VT and will be taking long hikes, getting our breakfast and coffee from the local country store in the center of town, and just relaxing.  I can't wait!


In other news... I've taken a bit of a break from the gym to nurse this case of tendinitis I seem to have developed in my hand. 
Just when I started feeling good about being back at the gym so regularly and getting back to lifting heavier weights and having better WOD times... I end up with this.  It's tolerable as long as I'm not carrying or lifting anything and I haven't tried to do any of the major weights at the gym after Monday this week. Time to lay off of the Power Cleans for a while and recover. 

When I went to the Yale Health Plan to have them take a look at it, they were like kids playing doctor with all kinds of new gadgets.  Apparently they have seen a lot of colds and flu recently so when I came in sniffle free, they jumped at the chance to break out the x-rays, the orthopedic stuff, and this fancy brace.  The just kept shuffling me around from department to department to share in the excitement.  And now here I am with my new lovely arm piece.

Here's to hoping for a quick recovery and no further injury.  Sometimes it is best to just rest and heal.  I'm praying for patience.

I hope you all have a great weekend and that you get a chance to enjoy the new fall weather. 

all the best,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Got something to say? Come on, you know you want to. Leave a comment. I love to read them.