Friday, October 21, 2011

TGIF...times two!!!

Whew, this day did not come fast enough.  After an action packed weekend last weekend and a manic week at work, I am looking forward to some relaxation, visiting friends who live far (kind of) away, and catching up on housework, cooking, real housewives of New Jersey, and so much more.  Yes- I like the housewives shows... they are my guilty pleasure. You'd like them too if all of your other TV watching consisted of flipping, unwillingly, between all of the History Channels.  And, yes again, there are multiple History Channels, despite what you may have thought. Sigh.

Dang. This month is going by too fast for me to enjoy it. SOOOO... tonight we are carving pumpkins and roasting pumpkin seeds and drinking cider and appreciating Fall. I heart you, Fall, I do, even if my mums all died on my front steps from too much rain and high winds. (This morning I found them out of their pots (pots totally missing) and blowing down the sidewalk with the wind). 

Given the aforementioned manic work week, I'm going to take a page from my sweet friend, Amanda, and borrow the fill-in-the-blank-Friday from yet another great blog




1.   Nothing says fall like      Crunchy leaves and pumpkin flavored everything. See previous post about Treat Yourself Tuesday...

2.   My favorite autumnal tradition is   in its 2nd year- Mike and I driving up to B.F. Clyde's Cider Mill for hard cider, apples, and fresh baked pumpkin goodies. It's also a nice car ride through rural CT complete with a few history lessons along the way.

3.  My favorite fall treat is   Pumpkin Bread, with some pumpkin butter spread over it .

4. Fall makes me think of    my life's journey    because    I grew up in Florida without many changing leaf colors, a very slow transition to cooler weather, and no apple orchards or real pumpkin patches to pick from. It's a reminder of my journey from FL to NC to CT and the many memories along the way.
 
5.  Autumn free form word association, go!    bright, crunchy leaves, smell of sweet spices, baked goodies, fresh fruit and squashes, my favorite color (orange), almost Thanksgiving.

6.  My go-to outfit in the fall is     This year, dress, tights, saddle boots/ stand by- sweat pants, furry flip flops.
7.  My favorite fall holiday is (Halloween or Thanksgiving)    100% Thanksgiving.  Despite being away from home, it always reminds me of family and friends and being thankful for so many blessings in my life. And, recreating the comfort foods my family makes each year helps keep them close at heart despite the distance.
 
Happy Friday, everyone!  Have a great weekend. Soak up the fall weather while you can.
 
Yours in pumpkin face design thought mode,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Got something to say? Come on, you know you want to. Leave a comment. I love to read them.