Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Whirlwind Wednesday Wrapup

Hello Friends,

Long time, no blog, huh?

Today will be another quickie because work is C-R-A-Z-Y these days!  You know how some people are very organized and they do things exactly as a manual or step-by-step guide says?  You know how those same people start a task, see it to completion, and then begin a new one?  Well I'm NOT one of those people.  I have about a million ideas and projects floating around in my head, some of which are halfway started or done in real life.  I also switch in and out of so many thoughts and tasks in a day that another person could not possibly keep up with my chaos.  But, for me, it works.  I always complete my work and I know exactly where I am with all of the things that are up in the air and in process.  I often joke with my boss that I hope I never have amnesia because I'd be really screwed.  So much of what I do is based on me remembering which file I put something in, who I spoke with about something, etc...  fingers crossed for no amnesia incidents.

So with those random thoughts I will add these things I've contemplated over the last few days:

  • I really like Dolly Parton.  I'm not sure why or where this thought came from but yesterday I was moved to pull up some songs of hers on the internet and sing along as I worked. She's a legend.
  • Paintball wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I got hit in the face immediately (thank goodness for the mask) and then again in my arms and it wasn't as bad as I expected.  Here are a few pics to prove it.
  • Molly, ready for action
    Mike sniping the opponents
    water break... mike took a few hits
    aftermath- welts and bruises
    The mask that saved my eye ball
    CrossFit New Haven Homies
  • I have a photographic memory. I can't conciously remember where I put things, but I can see it in my mind... like I know the fact I am looking for is at the bottom of a page with a stain on it.  Weird.
  • I am obsessed with NPR.  I've always listened to it, but in recent months, I find that I get excited to get back into the car to hear more. I even listen throughout the day at my desk.
  • I started a 100 day burpee challenge with some girls from my gym.  We will do the corresponding number of burpees to the day of the challenge for the next 100 days (well, 97 days now).  So the day before my birthday, I should be a burpee maniac.  If you don't know what a burpee is, check this out: http://youtu.be/awhEl6qYwsA  forward to about 58 seconds in.  These people did the same thing we are doing.
So that's the brain dump for today.

I hope you all have a wonderful hump day. 

Whitney
  •  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Got something to say? Come on, you know you want to. Leave a comment. I love to read them.