Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday...hooray!

Whew, what a week!  Although it was a short week, I felt like today could not get here fast enough. Last night Mike and I rode our bikes to the pool to meet my friend Lindsay (one of the ladies I'm swimming across the sound with) and get some swim practice in.  You know how there some days when it all comes together, and other days when you feel like every move you make is labored?  Lindsay and I agreed that yesterday was one of those days.  BUT- we swam for 15 minutes straight and then did some sprint drills for another 15 minutes.  For the swim, we will have to take 30 minute slots in the water so this is good practice in getting us ready for swimming that long without stopping.  Up next, a few open water swims in the coming weeks to get our sea legs under us... so to speak.

If you're interested in learning more about the swim across the sound and possibly supporting me, click here: http://give.stvincents.org/page.aspx?pid=564&tab=0&frsid=1187 
 
AND- on my way in to work this morning I was juggling way to many things in my hands and I dropped my bottle of honest tea all over the floor at 7:58am. Yep, tea+ glass+ tile floor+ flip flops= MESS! Please go by quickly, Friday. I'm begging.

Now for some fun.  I'm again borrowing the Fill in the Blank Friday theme from my dearest Amanda who turned me on to this blog: http://thelittlethingswedo.blogspot.com/
1.   The best news I ever received was       learning that I was going to be a big sister, again. While I love my brother dearly, we're only 2 years apart so I don't remember what it was like knowing he was coming. But, when we learned that Annaklara was on her way, I was overjoyed. She's been a light in my life ever since...she's now 12!!!!! 

Did I mention she's a state champion triathlete and swims in the FL Junior Olympics?
2.  Something I'm looking forward to is    getting home to Florida in two weeks to see my family and friends and to show Mike my home.  He's always dragging me on these historical New England adventures so I'm ready to show him how we do things Florida style.

3.  Something I would never do is     pierce my tongue or belly button, steal, or cheat.

4.  If I could choose someone to be my life coach (famous or not, living or dead), I'd choose   Caroline from Real Housewives of New Jersey. What? She gives really good advice!  OK- in all seriousness, it'd be my mom and she's basically been my life coach for 31 years. She's lived the ups and downs and gives great perspective and advice. And she knows me enough to know the right approach and what I need to hear. Yea, Miss Susie!

5.  If I had to put a label on my style it would be    challenged.  I always have great visions of what I want, but I have trouble pulling them off. If I had to choose a real style it'd be hippy meets funky. I like slightly mis-matched things and comfy cotton things.

6.  One should always       remember to use their manners. And, remember that everyone is dealing with something so just because you think they should act a certain way doesn't mean they can.

7.  I want to       travel more often to out of the way places on last minute trips


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Got something to say? Come on, you know you want to. Leave a comment. I love to read them.