Friday, July 22, 2011

Another Friday in the Summertime

Good Morning Blogosphere!!!  I'm once again borrowing from the Fill in the Blank Friday from my friend Amanda and http://thelittlethingswedo.blogspot.com/ who kicked it all off.

I'm hoping to download the pics from the Florida vacay this weekend and be ready with some fun filled sunshiney posts next week.  I hope you all have a great weekend.  Drink lots of water (even if inbetween your beers) and wear sunscreen.  You may have heard by now... we're in a heat dome!



The view from Clearwater Beach at sunset

White Sangria at the Columbia Restaurant, Ybor City
 
One of my happiest moments this year was     closing a chapter of life in new haven and starting a new one in milford. It was bittersweet to hand in those keys that held my independence for so long, but it was a turning point happy moment.


2.  Summer is beach season and beaches are    my favorite. I could be at the beach all day, every day. There's just something about the salty air, the grainy sand, and the smell of coconut sun tan lotion that takes me back and reminds me of home.

3.  This summer     I've had so many adventures that I can't recall them all. This has been one of the best on record and we haven't even reached August yet.  Ahhhh.... I love summer.

4.  My summer food of choice has been   anything I can grill- burgers, steak, chicken, tuna steak, asparagus, pineapple, you name it. It has definitely been a summer filled with grill marks and outdoor eating.

5.  My summer uniform has been     sun dresses... all the way.  With the heat, it's really the best way to go.

6.  If I could spend the entire summer in one location I would choose      Hawaii.  I've never been but a dear friend, April, grew up there and between her stories and memories and those I've heard from others, I think I would absolutely love to spend a summer in Hawaii... and I'd wish for April to be there too so I could visit with her sweet family .

7.  My summer anthem is       Anything Katy Perry. Not because I like her that much, but Mike loves her and he scans the radio from station to station in search of Katy Perry songs. Right now CT is rocking the Extra terrestrial and Friday Night KP songs in constant rotation. My choice would be NPR with all that is going on in the world and here at home- I get my news fix and I can still play outside all night without having to be parked in front of the tv watching the nightly news



Well friends, have a great weekend!  July seems to be an incredibly popular birthday month so get out there and bake someone you love a cupcake.  Why not?  And don't forget- 15 days until I swim across the Long Island Sound for St. Vincent's.  Just keep swimming...

Yours in hydration and sundresses,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Got something to say? Come on, you know you want to. Leave a comment. I love to read them.