Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday, Friday, Friday...

Hello People!

It's Friday and I have definitely been working for the weekend this week. Whew!  As the summer is winding down (sigh), work is picking up as preparations for students and faculty to come back are now under way.  And, unlike Mike who got to spend the last 6 weeks lounging, clamming, tanning, boating, and beer drinking, I've been working my tail off to get it all right for the upcoming semester.

But, back to more important things like, it's FRIDAY!  Had a great swim practice last night.  Unfortunately, I swam alone due to some scheduling conflicts, but it was nice to get in the water and push myself as I am finalizing my preparation for next weekend's swim across the sound. Whoa!  I week away!!!  If you haven't donated yet, and you want to, here's the link  https://give.stvincents.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=564&tab=0&frsid=1187

And now for a little fill in the blank compliments of another blog I'm following and, as always, my friend Amanda. Amanda- you'll always get a plug for turning me on to this fun Friday activity.



1.   My favorite color is       ORANGE- I always gravitate to shades of orange from creamcicle to pumpkin and everything in between. It's my signature, really.

2.  My travel destination of choice is    Rhode Island- I'm heading there in a few short hours to see some friends run a 10 mile race and spend the weekend enjoying their ocmpany.

3.  My favorite  food is     seafood- all kinds. I had a wonderful fix while in FL but I'm missing my grouper, conch fritters, scallops.

4.  My happy place is   outside in the sunshine.

5.  My favorite saying is      Well, this could be up for debate. I tend to say "Treat Yourself" alot, as well as "It is what it is" or so I'm told. I actually have a lot of sayings and catch phrases... friends, care to chime in on some more of them?

6.  My dirty little secret is      sometimes I drink milk right from the jug in the mornings. Instead of wasting a glass, I just wash my vitamins down with a swig straight from the fridge. I would never serve this same milk to guests, but it's true, I do it.

7.  Something friends might say about me is that I      am very loud and talk alot. I'm ok with that. Clearly, I have a lot to say.
So that's it, friends.  Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the coming of August. 

Yours in road trip preparation,
Whitney


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Got something to say? Come on, you know you want to. Leave a comment. I love to read them.