Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Treat yourself, Tuesday!

Hi Friends,

Going to keep this one short and sweet today.

We haven't had a treat yourself Tuesday in a while and boy are WE overdue!  Once again, Trader Joe's came through with a delicious new (or new to me anyway) treat that I can't get enough of.  Enter.... Sweet Potato Gnocchi!



This wonderful sweet potato goodness with its buttery sage sauce and easy cooking instructions had me at hello. As always, my sincere apologies to those without access to Trader Joe's.  You might want to consider relocating...I kid, I kid.

I happened upon this in the freezer section near the other gnocchi and frozen snack/side item stuff.  I'm a sucker for sweet potato of any kind, and this treat did not disappoint.  For $2.99 you've got a side item for 2-3 people, or lunch for yourself for a few days.  Add a piece of grilled or baked chicken into the mix and you're a goner.  Is that a word?  Goner.?!

Anyway, I highly recommend you check this out.  I've tried both the microwave instructions and stove top instructions and they're easy and wonderful.  If you're like me, you can also jazz it up with some red pepper flakes and a touch of black pepper for some kick.  AND....to top it off, this stuff is relatively low calorie, low fat, low bad stuff.  It's not paleo, but heck, you've got to live a little, right?


Run out and treat yourself tonight.  You won't be sorry.  And, you might thank me.

yours,
whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Got something to say? Come on, you know you want to. Leave a comment. I love to read them.