Friday, January 27, 2012

Take advantage and make the best

A mind dump of thoughts today:

Sometimes ignorance really is bliss, because getting lost in your thoughts can be the mirror in your face that you've been avoiding.

Take advantage of every chance you have to be with family; tell them you love them; forgive them of wrong doings; indulge the lengthy repeat story teller.  I think the same goes for friends.  We all know the cliche, life is short, but in reality, it is short.  We don't have forever, and we are missing out on things by not making the effort.

Some of us are blessed to live 30+ years without losing anyone, while others suffer loss beginning at a very early age.  For me, it's easy to get caught up in the day to day and to 'trust' that the people I love know I love them, despite my not calling or writing for some time.  Well, that's complacent and that's lazy.  It's easy for me to say that I can't fit it all in when I travel home and I'll try to see 'you' on my next trip.  That's also lazy and selfish. 

And then, when the time comes, that next trip is too late.  I've missed the baby birth, the birthday, the final days of a grandparent's life.  Considering the latter, will he know that I loved him, despite not being in touch for some time?  Was it enough to send my love through my Dad at holidays and birthdays, instead of calling myself?  Was I being spiteful because he didn't reach out to me for years?  These are tough questions.  And there are no good answers. 

My memories are faded and I feel sorry for that.  The stories I have to tell date back some 10+ years, because it's been that long since memories were made.

All I can do is the best I can, try a bit harder, and hope that others forgive my misgivings.

 I suppose the dark skies and rain are fitting for my mood today.
______________________________________________________________________________

On a lighter note, I'm happy to report the Darcy the goat-dog wonder pup has gone a full 3 days without eating anything she's not supposed to, and she is beginning to settle in a bit.  Now, of course, when I get home, this could be out the window, but as of this morning when I left, she was in this position... waiting for Mike to return home (that will be a long 8+hour wait) after he left for work.


Yep- she's pushed her crate over, climbed up, and is perched on the desk to see out.

 yours,
whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Got something to say? Come on, you know you want to. Leave a comment. I love to read them.