Thursday, January 19, 2012

Blast from the past

A Thursday quickie

Last week I was in Target buying more dog stuff for the little miss and decided to grab a few grocery things too.  Our Target, and likely yours too, have these new lights near the freezer food that turn on as you approach and off as you walk away.  It's like a disco of freezer food if you move quickly.  Anyway, I was drawn in by the lights and ended up going home with a bag of tater tots.  After the stress of the new dog, new routine,and boat load of money I spent on her last week, I thought I'd treat us to a good old blast from the past... cafeteria style.

And, these babies are gluten free to boot!  I know white potatoes aren't paleo, but they are very good for bone density in women so I figure you win some you lose some.
Last night we finished the bag, which is surprisingly a lot of tots for the $.  They were as great as I'd remembered and I think we'll be set for another 10 years before we need to have them again.  It's funny how sometimes in your dark moments you revert back to your old comfort foods from childhood, or whenever.  But one bag is enough to remind me why we work hard to eat healthy and only indulge every now and again.


-whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Got something to say? Come on, you know you want to. Leave a comment. I love to read them.