Tuesday, January 3, 2012

BUSTED... at the seams

Happy New Year!  Warm wishes to you for a year of joy and prosperity.

Like everyone, I can't believe another year has gone by and I'm sitting here at day 3 of 2012!  Dang. I'm gettin' old.  And you know what else I'm gettin'?... too big for my britches... literally. 

I don't know how people make it through the holiday season still clothed.  I feel like the last two weeks have caused me to nearly bust the seams of most of my form fitting garments.  Not to worry, it's nothing two weeks of some good old fashioned crossfit and vegetables won't fix, but it still feels crazy to think that when the holidays roll in to town, I have to be rolled out the door.  Sigh.  Willpower, where have you gone? 

I do love a good fresh baked treat, and egg nog, and wine, and cheese, and stuffing, and... and... and.  It's so easy to choose lounging and football over spin class.  Or drinks and dessert with friends over crossfit.  But just like Christmas, those things come and go and what's left is the bad feeling of guilt and discomfort as your jeans cut into you like the knife you used to spread that extra pat of butter.  Mmmm... butter.

So here's to a New Year.  A new start.  Getting back to the gym (this is NOT a resolution- it's for real).  Cooking at home.

Until next year chocolate pretzel bark with your salty and sweet allure, magic bars with your coconut temptation, Godiva gift box with your map of chocolate goodness, egg nog with your ability to make my coffee so much tastier, bejgli with your special Hungarian way of reminding me of Christmas baked goodness, and homemade cookies with your sweet decorations and sparkly sugar on top.  You are all locked in to the memories of 2011.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and that the New Year has kicked off in style for you.

with love,
Whitney

1 comment:

  1. legit - i feel the EXACT same way. For me it was all the tree-shaped Reese's and trips to Nica's ;)

    great post. i'll be right there w/ you on getting back to the box!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Got something to say? Come on, you know you want to. Leave a comment. I love to read them.