Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Treat Yourself... you should go Blonde!

Happy Treat Yourself, Tuesday! 

Now I've never been Starbucks #1 fan.  In a pinch, or with a group of 'Starbs Lovers' I'll stop in for a coffee or a latte, but it's never been my first choice.  Me, I'm a fan of my locals. You remember my beloved Nica's coffee line incident, right?  So when I have the choice, I'd rather go to my local coffee shop or deli and mix my coffee getting with a little neighborhood social interaction.

BUT, times, they are a changing. Starbucks (conveniently located next to my spinning gym) has introduced the Blonde Roast.  Burnt, smelly, bitter brunette coffee beware! The Blondes are moving in!  There are two versions of the Blonde roast- the Veranda and the Willow.  I have a slight preference for Veranda over Willow, but I drink coffee with a touch of cream so I'm not sure if Willow might be better as a black coffee. 

Either way, these two roasts blow the old Pike's Place and other Starbs blends out of the water.  I always, always find the other blends to taste burnt, old, and extremely bitter, whereas the Blondes are both really smooth, fresh tasting. 

Check them out here: http://www.starbucks.com/coffee/blonde 



We now buy a pound of this blend each week to brew at home... but have no fear, favorite locals; I still come to you for my additional cups each day!

happy tasting,
whit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Got something to say? Come on, you know you want to. Leave a comment. I love to read them.