Monday, March 5, 2012

Goat Dog strikes back!

Happy Monday!

Last week, Darcy, the Goat Dog, struck again, again. She ate my favorite LL Bean furry flip flop (just one!), a Victoria's Secret bra (destroyed!!!), my M.A.C foundation brush ($35!), more pizza, a bag of brussel sprouts (I don't like to refrigerate fresh produce), and she made attempts on many more items!  Why my stuff?  Do you think she even sniffed twice at Mike's stuff?  Nope!  But, alas, I knew this was a possibility and so I have learned my lesson. All doors locked during day, make-up put away in back of drawer, no food on counters, and pray for everything to be in one piece when I get home.

But, after a challenging week of chewing, Darcy had a wonderful day with some new friends during a long hike up West Rock in New Haven. 

Tanna (left), Darcy, and Scooter (right) on the run (Thanks Ashley for the pic)

It was awesome to see Darcy follow the lead of Tanna and Scooter as we let her off the leash for the first time. The other dogs trained her (mostly) in terms of how far she could wander, and what appropriate play is. Mike and I were so happy to see her have so much fun and finally connect with other dogs without being intimidated or aggressive. And Tanna and Scooter... well, they're just awesome pups and so well behaved. It gives me hope that Darcy will eventually be fully trained.  *And would you get a load of those ears?!?!

Following the hike, the pups each had their very own pupcake from Taste&See in Milford.  They loved it!

Dad, can I please have my pupcake?

Look who's sitting nicely and who needs a little more work :)

With all of the terrible storms and damage that struck much of the country this weekend, I am thankful for a lovely day of play and the blessings of a sweet girl who loves us despite her hound dog sensibilities.

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Got something to say? Come on, you know you want to. Leave a comment. I love to read them.