Monday, February 27, 2012

Hear ye, hear ye... I have excellent news!

It's official... I can finally spill the beans and share my excitement! It's been so hard to keep this one quiet.

I'm going to be an AUNT!!!!!

My brother and his lovely wife will be welcoming a sweet baby into their lives, and into ours as well, in October.  I couldn't be happier for them as they begin this most wonderful next step in their life together.

And, I can not wait to be an Aunt to the new little bambino, whom I will spoil and splurge on simply because I can.  I will probably buy shirts and bibs that have tacky sayings about Aunts on them, and I will demand (gently of course) to have Auntie/Baby skype sessions where I can read stories and make funny noises.  I will send care packages of singing baby toys and squeeky things that will annoy Mom and Dad (sorry!) but baby will swoon over.

But, most of all, I can't wait to see my little brother (who is really not so little) be a Dad.  Evan and Alexis make such a great team that I can only imagine how that will translate into being parents.  It will be so sweet to watch them love and teach a new little person, and to grow as a family.

Yours in baby love,
Aunt Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Got something to say? Come on, you know you want to. Leave a comment. I love to read them.