Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Captain Caaaaaaaaaaave Womaaaaannnnn!

Yep. It's day 2 of the challenge and so far, it's going well.  I made the trek to Costco this weekend to stock up on meat and veg.  I cleaned out the crap from the fridge and cabinets.  We did not restock our beer fridge (sigh), nor did we purchase any wine.  I did my assessment workout, Fight Gone Bad, and set a benchmark for myself.  I was assigned to Coach Ryan's team for the challenge with some of my favorite people from my gym.  So now it's all about maintaining and not giving in to cravings or weak moments where chocolate or wine would normally be the answer. 

I spent about 4 hours prepping food on Sunday afternoon.  Cutting veggies up.  Picking chicken for chicken salad.  Hard boiling eggs for breakfasts.  Prepping meat for dinners each night. It was good.  And now our fridge looks like this:



I think the most difficult part is going to be lunches.  It can be hard at work to always find time to eat, and to eat healthy things that require preparation.  Here's what I have for today:

my packed lunch bag

avocado for a snack


spinach for my chicken salad

Hydration- gotta drink 1/2 my weight in ounces of water each day!

YUM- tomatoes for my chicken salad

and my hard boiled eggs
It's not easy, but I feel good.  I guess that's why they call it a challenge.  Stay tuned... and keep your fingers crossed that I don't have any slip ups. 

Yours in meat loving,
Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Chocolate IS the answer to everything.

    Sad - eat chocolate
    Happy - celebrate with chocolate
    Ingrown fingernail - feed it with chocolate
    Friendship gone bad - commiserate with choc olate
    Getting married - celebrate with chocolate cake

    The list goes on.

    Frank S

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Got something to say? Come on, you know you want to. Leave a comment. I love to read them.